Online Guarantor Loans from £500 to £10,000
Better Chance of Being Accepted
Representative Example - if you borrow £1,000 over 12 months, repaying £103.06 per month, total repayable is £1,236.72 with an interest rate of 49.9% (variable).
- Lower cost – typically the cheapest with 39.9% - 54.9% representative APR rates* versus 272% - 1,575% for doorstep, instalment and payday.
- Larger amounts - up to £10,000*
- Quick - some pay-out the same day
- Guarantor - a friend or family member is required to be your guarantor to back your application.
- Trust-based lending - if your guarantor trusts you enough to support your application, lenders typically will too.
* Rates and amounts available vary from lender to lender; the rate and amount you are offered will depend on your personal circumstances.
What is a guarantor? Someone who backs your application and guarantees your loan.
Your guarantor has a better chance of getting accepted though us as we have many lenders on our panel.
Who can be a guarantor? A family member (including spouse), close friend or colleague who:
- Age – from 18 to 80
- Residential status – homeowner, or tenant, or living with parents
- Credit Rating – good to marginally imperfect
- Income – regular income required (pension acceptable)
More info see Being a Guarantor – what you need to know
Frequently asked questions
What is a guarantor personal loan?
- Unsecured credit that requires the borrower to find someone to guarantee their application - typically, a family member or friend (with a good credit rating and regular income).
- A type of loan that helps people with a bad credit rating access affordable finance.
- The borrower and guarantor sign the agreement, and if the borrower defaults, the guarantor has to make the monthly repayments.
Who are the loans for?
- People with a poor credit score who are looking for affordable finance.
- People with no credit history who are looking to build their score.
How to find a guarantor?
How quickly is the money paid out?
- Application forms are quick and easy to fill out.
- In many cases within 24 hours, though can be paid out the same day* - see Estimated loan pay-out times
* Dependant on you getting all the information required by the lender in good time.
Will I get credit checked?
- For just Getting A Quote via our website you will not be credit checked.
- When you take the next step of making a full application to a lender you will be credit checked, but if you have a poor credit rating that is not a problem.
- Our lenders also consider
- The credit history and income of your guarantor
- Affordability for you.
- Once you are making your repayments, they will be marked on your credit file to build up your credit score.
What can I use the money for?
Our lenders understand there are many reasons why you may need access to additional funds:
- Home improvements or holidays, or to cover emergencies.
- Their main concern is that you can afford their monthly repayments.
Do I, or my guarantor need to be homeowners?
What charges are there?
What is the cheapest option?
Is getting a loan guaranteed?
- A successful application cannot be guaranteed.
- Every lender has their own criteria, and whether they decide to lend to you will depend on the status of you and your guarantor.
- For more information, see our FAQ page.
What if I cannot make the repayments?
- Contact your lenders straight away if you are having difficulties.
- If you miss a payment, it is most likely that your lender will contact your guarantor directly to collect payment.
Can I pay off the loan early?
- Most of our lenders do allow over-payments and paying off early.
- Though check precise details with your preferred lender before signing the agreement, to ensure this meets your needs.
Are you like a payday loan?
NO, see the differences:
- Payday: small loans typically up to £2,000 maximum, we do loans up to £10,000.
- Have very high-interest rates up to 1,500% Representative APR, our interest rates are typically 39.9% to 59.9%.
- Are intended for short periods of up to 4 weeks, ours are typically from 6 months to 5 years.
- For more information o the differences see our article "A more affordable payday alternative".
Best Guarantor Personal Loan Deals
What can the loans be used for?
Our lenders fully understand there are many reasons why you may need access to additional funds. Whether that be for nice things such as home improvements or holidays, or to cover emergencies. Their main concern is that you can afford their monthly repayments. Below are some example of why a loan may be needed, though you are not limited to only getting a loan for these reasons.
If you have other loans with high interest rates, you may be able to reduce your monthly loan payments by consolidating these into a guarantor loan.
Whether you need to travel for business or personal reasons, a loan could provide you with the money you need.
Unexpected expenses can hit at any time, so getting a loan to cover that boiler repair, car repair, or even that month or so between jobs is not a problem.
Whether you are looking for a new car, or need to repair the one you have, our lenders loans can provide that solution for cash.
May it’s time to replace the kitchen, add a conservatory, or get a new carpet. If other loan options are not available, then our lenders may provide you with another option.
Learning can be expensive, so if you are struggling to find other options for the money you need, then one of our lenders loans may be an option for you.
Who can get a loan?
Loan companies typically look at the borrower’s credit score, so if you have a bad credit history you may struggle when applying to the ‘high street’ lenders. Below are examples of the types of people our lenders help.
If you do not own your own home then the credit options available to you are reduced; especially if you have a poor credit score. Our lenders lend to tenants.
If you do not have two or three years’ worth of accounts to prove your income, them many high street lenders are not interested. Our lenders lend to self-employed people.
If you have zero credit history, and possibly a couple of missed payments on an overdraft, then loan with a mainstream bank can be difficult. Our lenders lend to students.
If you have no employed income, and only benefits, then many banks will not lend. Our panel or lenders welcome people on benefits.
Have you have missed payments on a past loan, or maybe have CCJ? If yes, credit can be very expensive. The guarantor loan was set up as an affordable option for people with bad credit.
It may sound silly, but if you have very little history of borrowing money, then it is more difficult to borrow. Our lenders welcome people with little, or no credit history.