Online Guarantor Loans from £1,000 to £15,000
Quotes in 2-minutes for the loans you've been pre-approved for
Safe & secure
- Fast Online Loans
- Quotes in 2-Mins
- Poor Credit OK
- Great Rates from 29.9%
- Same Day Payouts
- High Acceptance Rate
Representative 49.9% APR
Borrow £3,250 over 36 months at a Representative Rate of 49.9% APR at an annual interest rate of 41.16% (fixed), you pay 36 instalments of £158.57. Total charge of credit is £2,464.57, total amount payable £5,714.67.
- one simple form
- over 35 lenders
- instant quotes
- all online
- no obligation
- free service
Why use this website?
We love guarantor loans and have been helping people get easy access to the very best loan deals since 2015.
We even do no guarantor loans!
Easy access to all the best deals. One simple form sent to over 35 lenders.
(no mark on your credit file)
This site is free for you to use. Loans cost the same as if you went to the lender directly.
(we’re paid by the lenders)
- Lower cost – typically the cheapest with 29% - 49.9% representative APR rates* versus 272% - 1,575% for doorstep, instalment and payday.
- Larger amounts - up to £20,000*
- Quick - some pay-out the same day
- Guarantor - a friend or family member is required to be your guarantor to back your application.
- Trust-based lending - if your guarantor trusts you enough to support your application, lenders typically will too.
* Rates and amounts available vary from lender to lender; the rate and amount you are offered will depend on your personal circumstances.
What is a guarantor? Someone who backs your application and guarantees your loan.
Your guarantor has a better chance of being accepted via us as we have all the UK’s top guarantor lenders on our panel.
Who can be a guarantor? A family member (including spouse), close friend, or colleague who:
- Age – is from 18 to 80
- Residential status – is a tenant, living with parents or homeowner*
- Credit Rating – good to marginally imperfect
- Income – regular income required (pension acceptable)
- Affordability – needs to be able to make the loan repayment if you were unable to
More information see > Being a Guarantor – what you need to know
* With a homeowner guarantor, you could get access to the better deals from 29.9% APR
- Do I, or my guarantor, need to be homeowners?
- What fees and charges are there?
- What is the cheapest option?
- Is it safe to use guarantorloansuk.net?
- What if I cannot make the repayments?
- Can I pay off the loan early?
- Can I change my mind after taking out the loan?
- Are yours like a payday loan?
- Even more questions?
What are guarantor loans?
A type of loan that requires the borrower to find someone to guarantee their application 🧑🤝🧑
- Typically, a family member or friend (with a good credit rating and regular income).
- The borrower and guarantor both sign the credit agreement.
- If the borrower defaults, the guarantor may have to make the loan repayments.
This type of loan helps people with a bad credit rating gain access affordable finance.
Who are guarantor loans for?
People with a damaged credit history looking for:
- More affordable finance - around 49.9% APR versus 500%+ for other types of loan.
- A larger loan - from £1,000 up to £20,000 vs a max of £2,000 for other types of loan.
- To repair their credit score, by taking out a loan and paying it back.
How to find a guarantor?
It’s best to first ask close family and friends, people who know and trust you 🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽
Before you do, it’s worth doing a little bit of preparation, to give them the information they may ask for:
- Why you need the loan – a good reason why you need the amount you need and what it is for
- You can afford the monthly repayments – the biggest concern they will have is the monthly repayments, that they are not stuck paying these. So, you will need to show them that you can comfortably afford the monthly repayments.
- Full details about being a guarantor - this can be found on our detailed page Being A Guarantor Guide
For more information see: How do you find the perfect guarantor?
How quickly is the money paid out?
Within twenty-four hours is possible ⏱️
The typical time delays are:
- Time for the borrower to fully complete their application, and provide required information to the lender.
- Time for the borrower to find a guarantor.
- Time for the guarantor to fully complete their application, and provide required information to the lender.
Once all this is done, it’s possible to get loan funds paid out within twenty-four hours of receiving a fully completed application
Am I guaranteed to get accepted?
No, a successful application cannot be guaranteed 🤞🏼
Though 9 out of 10 of our lender applicants get accepted.
- Every lender has its own criteria, and whether they decide to lend to you will depend on the status of you and your guarantor.
- If you and your guarantor meet the lender's criteria, then this will greatly increase your chances.
For more information see here.
Will I get credit checked?
For getting quotes via this website you will not be credit checked 👍
- The lenders just do a 'soft search' and this does not impact your file in any way.
- When you make a full application to a lender you will be credit checked, but if you have a poor credit rating that is not a problem.
Our lenders also consider
- The credit history and income of your guarantor
- Affordability for the monthly repayment for you and your guarantor
Once you are making your repayments, these will be recorded on your credit file which will start building up your credit score.
What size loans are there, and how can I use the money?
Loans start from £500 and go up to £15,000 👍
- So, if you're after a £1,000, £2,000, £3,000, £5,000, £10,000 or £15,000 loan, we've got you covered.
Our lenders understand the many reasons why you may need additional funds
- Home improvements
- Debt consolidation
- Car maintenance or replacement
- Emergencies such as unexpected bills, or breakdowns
Amongst other things, a concern for the lenders is that you, and your guarantor, can comfortably afford the monthly repayments.
Do I, or my guarantor, need to be homeowners?
No, most of our lenders welcome tenants and non-homeowners 🏡
- Your guarantor can be a tenant, for the options click here.
- You can be a tenant or living with parents.
- The loan is ‘unsecured’, so is not secured against property.
Note, the lowest rates and largest loans however are only available to borrowers + guarantors who are homeowners.
What fees and charges are there?
There are no fees or charges for applying for a loan
- This website is free for you to use - we’re paid by the lenders
- Our lenders do not charge to make an application - interest, fees, and charges only starts once you’ve taken out the loan
To get details of the fee charged by your chosen lender Get Quotes
What is the cheapest option?
Our cheapest loans start at 29.9% Representative APR 👍
- These are only available to homeowner borrowers and guarantors
- 49.9% is the typical representative APR for a guarantor loan
- If you cannot get a guarantor, no guarantor loans start at 69.9%
- The finance available to you depends on your own personal circumstances.
- See here a list of the lowest cost guarantor options.
To find out the options available to you fill out this 3-minute form to get quotes.
Is it safe to use guarantorloansuk.net?
Yes, we are fully regulated Credit Brokers in the UK
- Fully regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Permission Reference Number 715726
- Your data is safe as we are Registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) ZA535774
- We only work with the best UK lenders, who are also FCA and ICO registered.
If you are concerned about using any financial firm on the internet, see:
What if I cannot make the repayments?
Contact your lenders straight away if you are having financial difficulties ☎️
We only work with responsible lenders, who will always do what they can to assist you if you fall into difficulties.
- Step 1 – call your lenders
- Step 2 – explain in detail your situation
- Step 3 – agree on a plan with them that is sustainable for you
If after speaking with your lender it becomes clear that you are unable to make the repayments, they will contact your guarantor to start making the repayments for you.
Can I pay off the loan early?
Most of our lenders do allow over-payments and paying off early without penalty👍
- Check precise details with your chosen lender before signing the agreement, to ensure this meets your needs.
- Contact your lender prior to making the overpayment to discuss the exact arrangements.
Can I change my mind after taking out the loan?
Under the Consumer Credit Act
- Right to Cancel - you have the right to cancel your loan agreement
- 14-Days - without having to give a reason within 14 days.
This can be done verbally or in writing to the contact details listed on your credit agreement.
- Repay all money - you will be required to repay any money that you have received from the lender,
- Pay Interest & Fees - plus all interest and fees that have accumulated since receiving the funds.
Are yours like a payday loan?
Payday are small loans typically up to £1,500 (we do loans up to £15,000)
- With high-interest rates up to 1,500% Representative APR (our interest rates are typically 49.9%).
- For short periods of up to 4 weeks only (ours are typically from 6 months to 5 years).
For more information see our FAQs