All the lenders on our panel operate responsible lending policies.
- They will not lend you more than they believe you can afford to repay as they do not want to put your personal finances under stress and make the loan unmanageable.
- When you make an enquiry you should expect the lender(s) to request information from both you and your guarantor that allows them to make their affordable lending assessment.
- Before you apply, we suggest you fill out the Citizens Advice Bureau's Budget Sheet which highlights some of the things that you will need to think about.
- Fundamentally, you should have a regular income and the monthly repayments should be comfortably affordable for you.
- Please also bear in mind that if you take out a loan and you fail to repay it in line with the Loan Agreement that you have made with the lender there will be financial consequences.
- A lender may levy extra charges and ultimately you could find yourself in default, with a CCJ (County Court Judgement) and with a severely diminished credit rating.
Remember that this could affect both you and your guarantor.
Please do not make any application for credit if you know that you will struggle to meet your financial commitments as late repayment can cause you serious money problems.
For further help, go to www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk