Debt Consolidation Loans
Bad credit rating and looking to reduce finance repayments?
Get all your debts in one manageable monthly payment
Safe & secure
What is bad credit debt consolidation?
A way of reducing your monthly loan repayments 😃
- By consolidating unsecured debt into one new lower payment
- By taking out a new loan at a lower rate over a longer-term *
- For people with a poor credit rating
Should I Consolidate My Debt?
Signs that you should consider consolidation:
- You’re struggling to meet your monthly loan and other bills.
- You want to ease the pressure by reducing your loan repayments.
* Important – if you are extending the terms of the debt, you could be increasing the total amount you repay.
Questions? See below
- one simple form
- up to 27 lenders
- instant quotes
- all online
- bad credit ok
- free service
How do consolidation loans work?
One new loan to pay off multiple existing loans, credit cards, and overdraft 💸
- Lower monthly payment - the monthly payment for the new loan should be much less than the combined monthly repayments of all existing credit commitments.
If you have a bad credit score and currently have expensive loan repayments, this is very possible.
- More affordable - the new monthly payment should be comfortably affordable and sustainable for you.
Note, if the debt is over a longer period than the existing loans, whilst the monthly repayments may be less, the total interest repaid could be more in total.
Can I get a consolidation loan with bad credit?
It's possible, see below 👇
- Many ‘bad credit loans’ are expensive, such as payday, instalment or doorstep loans, so it likely that these types of loans will not be suitable consolidation loans:
- Expensive rates typically 365% - 1,575%
- Small loans typically only up to £2,000 maximum
- Short loan terms up to 12 months, making monthly repayments fairly high.
- Guarantor loans can be more suitable
- Better rates typically 29% - 54.9%
- Larger loans up to £15,000
- Longer loan terms up to 5 years
- Do your homework - once you’ve (1) calculate your total debt (2) calculate your monthly debt costs (3) worked out your budget
> Get Quotes <
To find out is an unsecured or guarantor loan is a viable option for you
When is consolidating a good idea?
- Reducing total monthly repayments - when your total monthly loan/credit repayments are becoming too much to manage, and a new loan could reduce your total monthly commitment.
- Debt becomes affordable – if the new lower loan repayment makes takes your debt from being unaffordable, to comfortably affordable.
- Simplifying your finances - when you need to simplify your finances, where juggling loans, credit cards, and overdrafts are causing stress and missed payments.
When the above reduces your stress and anxiety over your debts, in a sustainable way forward, consolidation can be a good idea.
When is consolidating a bad idea?
- If you cannot afford the new repayments – even if the new loans monthly repayments are lower than your existing debts, if you cannot comfortably afford it this will not solve your debt problem.
- If monthly repayment is not much lower and total interest costs are higher – it’s possible that you could reduce your monthly payments a little bit, but overall, the loan lasts longer than your existing credit commitments, so the total interest payment is much higher.
In these situations, you've not made much positive reduction per month but increased your total commitment – not a good idea.
How do decide if a debt consolidation loan is right for me?
- Calculate total debt – add up the total balance of all your debts (including fees or charges for early repayment)
The total amount you would have to borrow to fully pay off all your existing commitments.
- Calculate monthly debt costs – add up all of your monthly debt costs (credit cards, store cards, loans, overdrafts).
- Work out your budget – using the Citizens Advice Bureau budget sheet, calculate the amount you can genuinely afford to pay for you’re a new loan (needs to be sustainable for you).
- Get new loan costs – get quotes for loans that you would qualify to get.
Note, be careful not to make multiple applications to companies, if they all do credit searches on you, this could affect your credit score.
Once you have done steps 1-4, you’ll be able to see if the new loan is right for you:
- Reduces your total monthly credit repayments?
- Make your debt more affordable?
- Simplifies your finances?
Can debt consolidation help with payday loans?
By consolidating your payday loans into an unsecured loan or guarantor loan, you should:
- Pay lower interest rates
- Spread repayments over a longer period reducing the monthly payment
- This could make the debt more affordable
- To find out is an unsecured or guarantor loan is a viable option for you > Get quotes
To find out how you can improve your credit score by consolidating your payday loans
Note, if the debt is over a longer period than the existing payday loans, whilst the monthly repayments may be less, the total interest repaid could be more in total.
Will debt consolidation help my credit score?
It depends 🤔
If you have a damaged credit file already?
- Have your existing debts have become unmanageable?
- Have you missed repayments already?
- By consolidating will you have a new lower payment you can comfortably afford?
When you make all the monthly payments on-time and pay off the debt in full - this will help to repair your credit score.
If you pay off Payday Loans
- Some lenders do not like to lend to those who use payday loans.
- They believe is shows a negative sign regarding money management.
By consolidating payday loans into another loan may not specifically improve your credit score but improve your file in the eyes of some lenders.
What other options are there if a consolidation loan is not suitable?
If you’ve done your homework and find out that
- You don’t qualify for a suitable loan, or
- The loans you’ve had a quote for don’t reduce your monthly commitments, or
- Your income has gone down so you do not have affordability for a new loan
Then there are other many debt options you can consider.
If you have any other questions
- We have an extensive FAQ section
- Even covering things such as Is debt consolidation an alternative to bankruptcy?
Why use our website?
We've been helping people with poor credit get easy access to the very best loan deals since 2015
Easy access to all the best deals. One simple form to up to 27 lenders.
(no mark on your credit file)
This site is free for you to use. Loans cost the same as if you went to the lender directly.
(we’re paid by the lenders)
We are fully FCA regulated and Information Commission Office registered.
(we’re a Surrey-based firm)
How to get quotes and a consolidation loan?
Quick and easy online applicationOnly 3 minutes
One quick and simple online application form and get multiple quotes, all without having to speak to anyone.
You eligibility checked with up to 27 lendersLess than 1 minute
Effortlessly find the loans you qualify for in less than one minute - our amazing system will check all up to 27 lenders for you.
Loan quotes from lenders who’ve pre-approved youInstant and online
Immediately see online the loans you've bee pre-approved for, all done automatically without having to speak to anyone!
Choose lowest rate loan and finish applicationQuick, easy and online
Simply choose the best loan for you and finish off the quick online application with your chosen lender.