1 Plus 1 Loans
Guarantor Loans from £500 to £5,000
and, despite being a relative new comer to the market, they have quickly established themselves as a good quality lender with a high number of positive online reviews. 1 + 1 are one of only three lenders on our panel that offer loans as low as £500 (the others being Amigo and The Quick Cash Club). While at £5,000 their loans are not as high as many of the other lenders, they also offer a good Representative APR of 45.4%, which is lower than the typical market rate of 49.9%, so they can be cheaper than some of their competitors.
In our tests the time for an online application of 2m 48 seconds was average, and using Choose Wisely’s Optio score, they are currently rated at 62.9%, which also is average (other lenders low 55% / high 78.9%).
So with some of the best rates in the market, especially for small loans from £500 to £1,000, they are a company very much worth considering.
No fees of any kind
You don't need to have a good credit history
You don't need to have direct debit facilities
Your guarantor does not need to own their home
You don't have to have been a resident of the UK for a specified length of time
You will need a guarantor
If you have a poor credit history, it's likely your guarantor will need to be a homeowner
Your guarantor will need to make your repayments if you can't afford to
Maximum APR 49.9%
Arrangement fee: £0
Early repayment fee: £0
Late payment fee: £0
Top 3 loans by score, reviews and cost
Compilation of Amigo's online reviews
4.7 out of 5 from 20,198 online reviews
Always great customer serviceJonathan Chappell
you are the best on keeping promises...thank youTudor Valentin
Very friendly and helpfulMichelle McGrogan
Very Good service no hassleChristine
Very professional well mannered operatives .Dawn Nickson
Very quick and efficient with fast pay outGemma Bangs
Very good and fast serviceMarc Portsmouth
very good to deal with and on the ball with everythingPhillip Bailey
Amigo loans are excellent! would never borrow from anywhere else!Georgina Hickman
Quick and simpleCallum Clarke
Great serviceAndrew Chapman
Very pleased with the service you provided .Mrs Julie Russell
Easy to arrange. No hassle and fast transaction.Lisa Gungor
Very professional companyAstrid Evans
Really quick and easy !!Ms Carden
Brilliant service would advise everyone to use thisTaliaWyatt470
Loan payed out quickly - great team to work with !AmaniHoover399
My verdict of Amigo Loans
By Jon Edward
Lender performance rating 82.9 out of 100
You only have to see the large number of positive online reviews for Amigo to see they are the No 1 guarantor loans lender in the UK.
You will regularly see their adverts on TV, so they are also the best known off all guarantor lenders.
With loans from £500, the monthly payments can be very affordable.
Their online application process is well tuned and customer service team is generally very good.
Over 20,000 online reviews cannot be wrong, so if you are looking for a loan, then Amigo are an excellent choice.
1Plus1 offer loans from £500 (lower than the majority of the other lenders) up to £5000, a summary of the main features is as follows:
- Quick turnaround – If approved your loan is usually in your bank within 24 hours.
- Competitive APR – At 45.4% the current APR is lower than the market average of 49.9%.
- Credit History – If you have a bad credit rating you will still be accepted as long as your meet the other criteria.
- Smaller loans available – With loans starting at £500 these are an affordable solution to short term financial problems.
- Guarantor – You will need someone to support your loan application.
- Homeowner – Your guarantor must own their own home.
- Repayments – Your guarantor will be expected to make the repayments on the loan if you are unable to do so.
- UK Residency – You must be a UK resident to apply.
- Age – You must be at least 18 and no more than 75 years old
- Bank – You must have a UK bank account and a debit card.
- Insolvent - You must not be bankrupt or subject to an IVA or trust deed (for Scotland).
The following is representative example of a 1 + 1 Loan
Representative 45.4% APR
Representative Example £3000 over 3 years, representative 45.4% APR Fixed. Monthly payment £140.84. Annual interest rate 23% Fixed. Interest payable £2070.24 Total payable £5070.24.